Temptation Island Finland season 8 thoughts


Along with Big Brother, I also followed the 8th season of Temptation Island Finland (Suomi). I guess that was enough of reality for rest of the year, thank you very much.

I was pulled into the show at season 4, and since then I have watched all the seasons and episodes. And I gotta say that this latest one was really underwhelming season. Could be because the kind of "Temptation Island magic" was gone because this season the location was in Finland due to COVID-19. It could be that the budget was clearly a lot smaller than before (I mean... on one of the dates they took the people into the woods to make cone cows. Yes, I didn't make that up). Or then just that the couples were really boring. And that the only couple who have drama like an explosive volcano are both very annoying and extremely unlikeable. But my guess it's the combination of all those. Not the very best time to shoot  reality show like this in a location, where summer is full of rain and you can't tell if it's night or day during the parties.

Okay, I did like that on one of the dates they went to see farm animals. I would call that a dream date.

But otherwise, like I said, the season was rather boring. Too many bland characters were cast and way less controversy compared to previous seasons. I mean it's kinda weird that when one of the couples did absolutely nothing wrong or upsetting each other during the whole season, it made me basically boo at the show. I wouldn't do that in real life, now would I? It's great that there's still hope in mankind and that people can behave themselves in a reality TV show. I guess I should be happy for them, but I gotta admit that the audience doesn't want to watch happy couples when they watch Temptation Island. The audience wants drama, tears and conflicts.

Or then at this point I've seen too many seasons of Temptation Island that it doesn't appeal to me anymore like it did before. I'll give the next season a try, too, but after that I'll see if I've grown out of the show.

Comments